konkatsu and japanese food

I truly believe that the director and script writer of this drama totally want to promote Japanese food. I respect that, but what does that make me?

watching last episode of Konkatsu! (a.k.a Marriage Hunting!) now - it's only the first five minute or so, like in the opening scene before the title unravels. but there are already around 10 scenes of eating! ramen, then zaru udon (or so I thought), tonkatsu, burger, (cheese) cake, cocktail, zaru soba, bento, ice cream parfait, odeng, and last, sweet bread. 




what's wrong with you people? now you're showing me Italian food? and more tonkatsu, bento, and mango parfait. well, I'm full now actually. just had kimchi fried rice for my dinner,  yet I'm craving for Japanese food NOW - authentic ones preferably. 



ps: Konkatsu! is a Japanese drama which revolves around the story of Amamiya Kuniyuki, a thirty-something unemployed guy who found a job in a district government office. It tells the story about the struggle of low-middle class neighbourhood to come back to life. the story is actually simple, but it's a feel-good kind of drama. it leaves you with the feel of warmth of family, neighbourhood, and friends.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blue Valentine - a movie about love that doesn't work

Pojangmacha: Korean angkringan

haruskah ak diruwat?