childhood idols

people who have long known me must understand that I was a big fan of Boyzone - my first crush at that time was Ronan Keating which then was followed by the rest of the members; except for Mikey. Hmm I don't know why but I was never really that into him. Well, I still am a fan of Boyzone - though not to the extent I went to when I was much younger. I did shed my tear when I heard Stephen died 3 years ago, heck, who didn't? I watched their documentary that year following Stephen's death and bawled my eyes out. They were gonna launch a new album - a reunion you might say. He was the happiest and most enthusiastic about it - says the rest of the members. But, in the process of album production, he passed away. His last recorded songs include this - the music video itself is tearjerker.




But, I did not follow Ronan's venture in his solo career. I did, when he launched his first solo album. I bought a cassette, but I also bought Stephen's solo album. However, I am not very familiar with Ronan's solo music later - though I do have some favourite tracks of his, including this one below: good song for a break-up day. Perhaps it's because I kind of despised him at that time for putting the band on hold (or hiatus or a break or whatever). But now, I thank them for not continuing at that particular moment because if they did continue on like Westlife I might be still a fangirl until my senior high school year or even later.




living in London for over a year now, it came an opportunity - a close yet far one. January next year - sometime in the middle of it - Ronan is going to tour UK, of course including London. I've been to some live performances here, but not to one that I fan girled over like a crazy woman. but with my visa coming to an end by the end of January and my money coming to an end very very soon, my choice is very limited. no friend is interested in him either. it's really a hard choice - err or is it an easy one?

I guess it's always like this. when I was in Sydney, Ronan was also there for X- Factor. I think at least once a week he flew to Sydney as the judge of the show. Boyzone (yes - the very four of them) came sometime also. yet, I did not have my luck in seeing them. partly because I've lost the spark -- or I never have the spark to meet the people I idolize. so, I guess, I have to skip this once again?

lol - what a random post

PS: I think I'm going to leave London very soon. Oh the realization. I never knew it'd be this hard to just buy a flight ticket which I actually have not done until this moment. I may not love London to death - like I fall in love with Japan; yet London has been my home for this past year or so. I think I am going to miss this very moody city. however, I'm starting to list all the dishes I've been craving since these past few weeks. I surely will drag anyone near me to go and have an awesome culinary tour! YEAH!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blue Valentine - a movie about love that doesn't work

Pojangmacha: Korean angkringan

haruskah ak diruwat?