Koma di Bandung (a note of a recent trip)

Oh well ... Been a while since the last time I wrote something here. It's been 3 months since I left London. Never expected I would one day miss the city this much. Meh.

So, I just got back from a very short trip to Bandung with a good friend of mine - it's 8 or 9 hours by train from where I live. I always wanted to go there since high school. My cousin used to go to ITB. And after high school, I wanted to study at UNPAD. I don't know why I was attracted that much. Perhaps it is because Hilman's novel series: Vanya. Finally, I got the chance to go there. Hahaha.

So, my impression on this city? It reminds me a bit of London because of the small street around the city. They have amazing angkot which stopped everywhere it wanted. We used this as our mode of transportation all the time when we were there. The best thing in this trip was going to Saung Mang Ujo. His kid is very talented. I don't regret spending money there. I also love the food (of course I do), although we don't get to eat the famous batagor due to time constraints.

We visited this natural history museum. It was okay.

Famous yoghurt. Strawberry and Lychee.

The city has lots of historic buildings like this

One of the dance performance in Saung mang Ujo

Coffee (bad one from the train) and the view from the train

Breakfast upon arrival. Ampera in front of the railway station. The food was great!
Some mishaps happened. We were deleted from the booking at a cheap dormitory (because we forgot to confirm). So we spent excessively for accommodation (not that expensive, actually, but it was out of our original budget). The first day we went around for delicious food, until it rained heavily. So we entered the first restaurant we saw. Guess what, it was a branch of pasta restaurant we had in Jogja (you know the one in Dixie). We were disappointed. Not that the food not good, but it was not what we expected from traveling to Bandung. But luckily, the trip went without fuss after that.

It's my first time travelling with a friend in Indonesia - solely for the purpose of travelling, not for business. I've done some travelling with a good friend when I lived in London. She is still the best travel partner for me (shout out to Mb Wulan!). We have so many similar interests which makes traveling fun with her. Traveling in Indonesia requires a different skill, cause you can't really rely on googlemaps. You have to speak to other people, and trust them - some things I don't find easy doing. My travel buddy to Bandung was apparently a bit shocked the first time I suggested we should walk and ride the angkot. She never used public transport - or hardly used. And you all know, very few people walk in Indonesia.

The trip felt very short. We stayed only for 3 days and 2 nights (plus 1 day for the trip by train). There are a lot of things and places we wanted to go to, but we had no time. So, that's why I titled the post "comma in Bandung".

I definitely will go to Bandung again next time. For whatever purpose, I can find. Maybe find a job there? Haha.. Jk.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blue Valentine - a movie about love that doesn't work

13 Things I Miss About London

Pojangmacha: Korean angkringan