east street and busy pridelondon

went out today, after some time not using my camera to take lovely pictures of food, I finally managed to do so. and London was so busy today because of PrideLondon march which remind me of New Year's eve. well, not entirely similar, only the way we walked towards Marble Arch and met a swarm of people coming from the opposite direction - I suppose from Trafalgar Square [and, we couldn't move unless turning the other way around - haha].

anyway, this East Street is a restaurant around Soho area, London. In its website, it says it serves "exciting and varied cuisines of East Asia" which include (to my surprise) Thailand, Vietnam, Malaysia and Singapore, Indonesia, Philippines, Japan and Korea. I wonder what "East Asia" exactly means though, since to my comprehension, if looking at the menu, only those menus from Japan and Korea can be considered as East Asia of origin; while the others are Southeast Asian. but, well, it's all Asian anyway. :D

and I did enjoy my dinner! to the core!

a friend of mine said that people from Indonesia like to take  pictures of food when they're about to eat, instead of pray. but, see my nickname here! I'm a foodphotomania! I LOVE taking pictures of food, as well as looking at them! maybe, if I wasn't in academia, I'd be food photo journalist or something. and it's got nothing to do with my nationality I guess.



Vietnamese Coffee - of course my order!
who else drink coffee to accompany  his/her dinner?


one pot of green tea for a friend in diet!


a glass of mint tea for a friend who feels a bit unwell


complimentary jasmine tea


fresh lime soda


to give you a feel of "East Asia"


Yeah! Tiger Beer is the best!


notice they name (almost) every island in our archipelago country


Japanese yakitori


Malaysian satay


Korean bulgogi


tempura Udon from Japan


Pad Thai 


Singaporean Laksa
(with three symbols of chili to convey its level of spiciness - which we all disagreed!)


Caramen Chuoi Ran - a Vietnamese dessert consists of  fried banana coated with breadcrumb and nuts
served with caramel sauce and caramel icecream. too bad, I didn't have a taste.


Japanese green tea ice cream - all time favourite!
(my friends choices, though it's me who emptied this small bowl!)


Bubor Pulot Hitam from Malaysia
- a dish almost similar to Bubur Ketan Hitam in Indonesia. delicious!


Passionfruit Syllabub
- don't know where it's come from though, it looks like European kind of dessert. very sweet for my taste.

Not to my surprise, everyone felt full easily - with 6 three course dishes shared for 5 people; and me eating the leftover XP. It's quite cheap because we managed to get a discount voucher - it's 8 quids per person! we are HAPPY! :)





3am now, better try to sleep now, before it's too late.

EDITED: oh now their website is upgraded, and it doesn't state food from East Asian any longer. It says Pan Asian. :D

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blue Valentine - a movie about love that doesn't work

Pojangmacha: Korean angkringan

haruskah ak diruwat?